Use RoomBook to request FAS space for sections and events.
RoomBook access is automatically provided to all FAS and SEAS faculty, staff, and students upon active employment or enrollment. If you cannot login to RoomBook, or do not have the access you need, please email EMS Admin. RoomBook requests prevent others from requesting the same space, so you should release any rooms you are no longer using.
Important: Courses have priority access to FAS classrooms.
- If a course requires the space, we may cancel your event or section space reservations.
- For the first three weeks of the term, we will approve event and section requests one day in advance.
All sections (discussions, labs, etc.) must begin at approved FAS start times. We will decline requests that don't comply. Sections do not need to use the entire time block but must start at the beginning of the time block (e.g. only use the first 60 minutes).
- Identify the right space using the online inventory of FAS classrooms.
- Submit requests with approved FAS start times for space via RoomBook. You must book one section meeting at a time. Do not submit one single large block covering multiple sections.
- Review instructions on how to request a room or watch “How to Request Space Using Roombook” video.
- Select "FAS" and log in with your Harvard Key.
- Select "FAS - Academic Request" from the list of reservation templates.
Best Practices for Room Requests
Use the following naming convention for section requests:
[Subject + Catalog Number] – [Event Type]
Example: ECON 10A – Discussion
- Use the online inventory of FAS classrooms to identify the right space.
- Review room request instructions or watch the “How to Request Space Using Roombook” video.
- Submit your space request using RoomBook.
Select "FAS" and log in using your Harvard Key.
- FAS - Academic Request: To request course-related events like quizzes, midterms, AEO accommodations, office hours, student networks, and film screenings, use the “FAS- Academic Request” reservation "template" in Roombook.
- FAS - Event Request: To request non-course-related events like one-time lectures, socials, film screenings, staff meetings, and guest speakers, use the “FAS- Event Request” reservation "template" in Roombook.
- if you have questions about FAS classroom spaces
- for A/V Equipment and Services and additional services
Visit: (ESS Roombook) Department–Scheduled Space
- for the room inventory list to determine appropriate space schedulers
- to reach out to scheduler regarding available space for non-departmental events
- for student accommodations
- for instructor accommodations
Visit: Harvard Yard Operations
Call: Building Manager for Harvard Yard Operations - 617-495-8842
- for urgent repairs for Classrooms in Harvard Yard
Call: University Operations Center: 617-495-5560
- for after-hour classroom emergencies
Call: Sever Hall Media Services: 617-495-9470
Call: CGIS Media Services: 617-495-9807
Call: Northwest Media Services: 617-495-5775
Call: Science Center Prep Room: 617-495-5357
- for urgent Tech Support in Sever, CGIS, Northwest or the Science Center
- for list of gender inclusive restrooms
Email: Science Center
Email: William James Hall
Visit: Harvard Events Management
- for specific building inquiries
Call: ESS Support: 617-495-9460
- for all other locations