Please review the following FAS Cross-Registration deadlines.
Please note if your own school's deadline is earlier than what is listed below. If you are an FAS student cross-registering at a school with an earlier deadline, you are subject to the earlier deadline.
- Spring Cross-Registration opens: January 11, 2021
- Last day students from other schools may file cross-registration petitions: February 22, 2021
- Last day Harvard College students may Add/Drop a cross-registered course: February 22, 2021
- Last day Graduate students may Add a cross-registered course: March 8, 2021
- Last day Graduate students may Drop a cross-registered course: March 22, 2021
FAS students may cross-register into courses at other Harvard faculties and approved non-Harvard institutions. The courses taken must cover subjects not available under this faculty. Information regarding the course offerings at other Harvard faculties is available via my.harvard.
Students are not officially enrolled in the course(s) until it appears on their record on my.harvard and are responsible for ensuring that the appropriate approvals are obtained. Full-time students in the professional schools of Harvard University, the Tufts University Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Brown University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology may take courses offered by the Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
If you are interested in cross-registering for courses at MIT, please note the following deadlines for Spring 2021:
- MIT spring cross-registration opens: February 8, 2021
- First day of spring classes at MIT: February 16, 2021
- Deadline to complete cross-registration at MIT: March 19, 2021
Once you register for a course at MIT, you are automatically enrolled for the course – there is no shopping. If you want to drop an MIT course, you need to drop the course in my.harvard and at MIT by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note for graduating students planning to cross-register at MIT: If you wish you receive your diploma on time, you may want to reconsider taking an MIT course in your final semester. The MIT semester ends on May 25 so you might receive your diploma late if you cross-register.