Academic departments, building schedulers, and the Registrar's Office Classrooms team coordinate FAS course locations. Several factors determine course locations, including:
- Instructional requirements
- Technology needs
- Enrollment history
- Accessibility needs of instructors and students
- Room availability
The Registrar's Office Classrooms team shares a Course Meetings Location Report daily during the start of term (changes or additions may take up to 24 hours to appear on this list). We also maintain an archive of course meeting reports (Note: Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 courses were taught remotely due to COVID-19 pandemic).
- Instructors communicate their classroom needs to their department scheduler.
- Schedulers identify the right space via the online inventory of FAS classrooms
- Schedulers submit room preferences using the space scheduling software, EMS, several months before the start of each term.
- We send tentative room assignments to each department.
- Departments review tentative assignments.
- We notify faculty of their classroom assignment.
- We post course locations in my.harvard on the first day of course registration.
- We will not reassign classrooms until after the registration deadline.
- If you have an urgent need to change classrooms, contact the Registrar's Office Classrooms team.
Room reservations run through the last day of classes. After that, all FAS classrooms are reserved exclusively for the Registrar's Office Exams team.
- if you have questions about FAS classroom spaces
- for A/V Equipment and Services and additional services
Visit: (ESS Roombook) Department–Scheduled Space
- for the room inventory list to determine appropriate space schedulers
- to reach out to scheduler regarding available space for non-departmental events
- for student accommodations
- for instructor accommodations
Visit: Harvard Yard Operations
Call: Building Manager for Harvard Yard Operations - 617-495-8842
- for urgent repairs for Classrooms in Harvard Yard
Call: University Operations Center: 617-495-5560
- for after-hour classroom emergencies
Call: Sever Hall Media Services: 617-495-9470
Call: CGIS Media Services: 617-495-9807
Call: Northwest Media Services: 617-495-5775
Call: Science Center Prep Room: 617-495-5357
- for urgent Tech Support in Sever, CGIS, Northwest or the Science Center
- for list of gender inclusive restrooms
Email: Science Center
Email: William James Hall
Visit: Harvard Events Management
- for specific building inquiries
Call: ESS Support: 617-495-9460
- for all other locations