Step-by-Step Instruction for Enrolling in FAS Courses via the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Step 1: Complete the TAP application
- Please follow the instructions listed on the Benefit Strategies Tuition Portal to complete the TAP application electronically. The deadline to submit the TAP application in the Benefit Strategies Tuition Portal for spring 2022 is February 7, 2022.
- Please ensure that you input the correct school/program (e.g. FAS) in your TAP application by confirming which school offers the course in which you are interested in enrolling. You can do so by utilizing the my.harvard course search.
- Once Benefit Strategies informs our office of your application, the FAS Registrar's Office will activate your TAP record and email you with instructions about the following steps.
- For questions regarding TAP eligibility, please contact the Benefits Office at 617-496-4001 or email@example.com.
Step 2: Email the course instructor the PDF of your TAP form to request permission to enroll
- Please advise the course instructor that they will need to sign and print their name on the PDF file. Signing and printing their name anywhere on page 2 beneath the employee confirmation section will suffice.
- Once the course instructor provides this sign off, please send us the signed PDF file of your TAP form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After we receive this confirmation of instructor permission, you will be manually enrolled in the course within 3-5 business days. Please note that we will start manually enrolling students on January 12, 2022.
Step 3: Check portal.my.harvard.edu for your course enrollment
- Once you are successfully enrolled in the course, your enrollment will be reflected in portal.my.harvard.edu.
- Soon after course enrollment is complete, you will be notified when to make a payment in my.harvard.
Dropping a Course
If you wish to drop a course, you can do so via my.harvard.
For information on important dates and refunds, please see the deadlines and refunds section below.
The current TAP fee is 10% of the course cost. The fee for a one-semester, 4-credits course is $636.60. You will be billed after enrollment. An intensive, 8-credit course taken in one term is charged as two TAP courses for a total tuition rate of $1,273.20, unless covered by the long-term service benefit.
Note: Enrolling in a full-year course in the fall does not entitle you to the spring portion! You must complete a new TAP application for spring and pay the spring TAP fee.
Staff may not register for FAS courses on a Pass/Fail or SAT/UNS grading basis if a Letter-Graded option is available. In addition, Staff may not enroll on an Audit/No Credit basis.
Incomplete courses will remain on your record with a grade of ABS, INC, or E; ABS if you do not take the final exam scheduled by the FAS Registrar's Office; INC or E in courses with no proctored final.
Deadlines and Refunds
The last day to drop a full-term course and receive a full refund is January 28, 2022. For half term session deadlines, see the TAP Academic Calendar.
The last day to drop a full-term course is March 7, 2022. One-half of the TAP fee will be refunded if you drop a course on or before this deadline and the course will not appear on your record. For half term session deadlines, see the TAP Academic Calendar.
Courses dropped after March 7, 2022 but before the first day of Reading Period will remain on your record with a grade of WD (Withdrawn).
Your full tuition will be refunded if you are excluded from a course and do not wish to enroll in another. A letter stating that you were excluded, signed by the Course Head, must be filed with the FAS Registrar's Office to receive the refund.
Additional Benefits Information