As a GSAS or Harvard College student, you will be asked to check in online at the beginning of each term.
During check-in, you can:
- Update your personal information
- Set your preferences in MessageMe, the University's emergency notification system
- Record the pronunciation of your name for your advisors, administrative staff, and instructors to use as they get to know you
You will be provided with important documents such as:
- U.S. Voter Registration Forms (learn how to register with TurboVote)
- FERPA information
- Massachusetts Hazing Laws
When to check in:
- Spring check-in opens for GSAS students on Monday, January 6, 2020.
- Spring check-in opens for Harvard College students on Monday, January 13, 2020.
- The last day for all FAS students to check-in for spring term is Monday, January 27, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Checking in late:
You cannot register for courses until you check in.
If you don't check in by the stated deadline:
- You risk losing financial support (loans, tuition & stipend grants cannot be processed for non-registered students)
- You may be charged a non-reversible $50 late check-in fee
- Your Harvard ID may no longer be active and you will not have access to any Harvard services (library, athletics, dining, housing, etc.)
- You may not have access to UHS health insurance
- Your federal student loans may go into repayment
- International students will risk losing their visa