Please follow these steps to update your diploma name and add your diploma mailing address.
Adding a Diploma Name in my.harvard
If you are a May 2020 degree candidate and need to add or update your diploma name in my.harvard follow the instructions in the IT Help Portal. Please note that while your middle name does not display under the personal information tab, you can update it using the instructions linked above. You can make changes to your diploma name until Friday, May 8 at 11:59pm EDT.
Adding a Diploma Mailing Address in my.harvard
We cannot mail your diploma until you add a diploma mailing address in my.harvard.
Due to the volume of diplomas that need to be mailed under these unprecedented circumstances, we cannot hold diplomas. If you do not add a diploma mailing address in my.harvard by the deadline, you automatically consent to receive your diploma at your permanent address. If you are in transition, please consider adding the address of a trusted family member or friend as your diploma mailing address. If you run into any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can edit your diploma mailing address as many times as needed until the deadline passes.
- The deadline for November 2019 and March 2020 graduates to add a diploma mailing address is Friday, May 15 at 11:59pm EDT.
- The deadline for May 2020 degree candidates to add a diploma mailing address is Wednesday, May 27 at 11:59pm EDT.
Harvard College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences will be mailing diplomas for May 2020 graduates and any diplomas not picked up from November 2019 and March 2020 degree conferrals.
- May 2020 diplomas will be mailed after the May 28 degree conferral.
November 2019 and March 2020 diplomas will be mailed after May 15th.
Log into your Student Home on my.harvard.edu, and navigate to the Personal Information tab. Select the Edit Addresses link on the right side of the Addresses box.
Select Add New Address.
Enter your address information.
Review your address and select Diploma under Address Types. Press save.
You will see your new address in the Addresses box in your my.harvard Student Home. You can edit this address as many times as needed until the May 27 deadline passes.
IMPORTANT: The my.harvard link should only be used to add your diploma mailing address. If you need to update a different address such as your permanent or local address, please reach out to Alumni Affairs.
- Navigate to the Alumni tab of your my.harvard home. Under "Diploma Address" click "Edit Address."
2. Under Addresses, click "Add a New Address."
3. Add the address where you would like us to mail your diploma.
4. Make sure that Diploma is checked as the Address Type and click "Save."
5. Once you click "Save" make sure that the save was successful. Under "Save Confirmation" it should read "The Save was successful." Click "OK."
6. Under your addresses, you should see the new address labeled as "Diploma." You can edit this address as many times as needed until the May 15 deadline.