Who can order a transcript?
Any current or former student at Harvard College or the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences can order a transcript through our office via the National Student Clearinghouse.

How much does it cost to order a transcript?
There is an $8.00 charge for each transcript ordered. If you desire for your transcript to be shipped via Fed-Ex then there is an additional $15.00 charge for delivery.

Can I get an electronic version of my transcript?
Electronic Transcripts are currently unavailable.

Can I get an unofficial version of my transcript?
Students may access an unofficial, PDF version of the transcript by clicking here. An unofficial transcript does not use the University paper and does not include the Registrar’s signature, but this PDF version is often acceptable to use when applying for internships, fellowships, and graduate school online.

Why do you require my consent to send out my transcript?
The regulations of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA, 1974) require us to obtain your signed consent before releasing your academic record. The law and ensuing policy is in place for your protection. As such, you can trust that no third party will be able to see your academic record without your consent.

How long will it take my order to be processed?
Paper transcripts may take 1-3 business days to be sent from our office. If your order has an attachment or if there is an error in the data submitted, it may take 3-5 business days to be processed and sent from our office.  

Please note that Express mail requests are delivered between 1-3 days nationally and 5-7 days internationally after processing and Regular US Postal mail requests are delivered between 5-10 days after processing.  NOTE: If you are in urgent need of your transcript and need it delivered within 2-3 business days of your order, we strongly suggest you select the EXPRESS MAIL shipping option if being sent nationally. Selecting the regular mail option will not get it to you on time. 

How will I know if you have received my request?
The Clearinghouse generates automatic emails to keep you informed of the status of your request. You will get confirmation that your order has been placed, that your request is in process at school, and whether or not it has been sent or held and for what reason.

How many transcripts can I order?
You can order up to 35 transcripts per individual Clearinghouse order.

What does it mean if I select to have my transcript sent in a signed and sealed Envelope?
This tells us how to package your order: 

If you select "yes" and are sending the transcript to yourself, then the transcript will be sent within a separate, blank envelope that is sealed with the Registrar’s signature.

If you select "no" then the transcript will be stamped “Issued to Student” and the envelope will not be sealed with the Registrar’s signature.

What happens if I place my order during a weekend or holiday?
When our staff returns from a weekend or holiday we process the orders received during our absence in the order that they were submitted as quickly as possible.

What do I do if I realize after I finalize my order that I made a mistake?
If you have not yet received an email that your order is “in process at school” then please simply cancel your request and submit a new order with the correct information. If your request is already being processed then you may email with your concern and we will make every effort to accommodate your request. However, if your transcript has already been sent out we will be unable to make modifications and you will need to place another request.

What happens if my transcript gets lost in the mail? 
The FAS Registrar’s Office is not responsible for the mail delivery. If your order gets lost or returned then you will need to place a new request via the National Student Clearinghouse. No refunds will be provided. To ensure delivery we suggest sending your transcript through FedEx so you will have a tracking number and be able to confirm delivery.

How long will you hold my transcript if I ask for it to be held for pick-up?
We will hold transcripts for pick-up at the front desk of our office at 1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 450 for 90 days. After 90 days you will need to submit a new order.

Can someone else pick up my transcript on my behalf?
Yes, but only with a statement of your consent naming the individual along with your written signature and a copy of your government-issued photo ID. You may send these to

What if I need to include a document with my transcript?
You can digitally scan and upload an electronic copy of any form you need to have included with your transcript, through the National Student Clearinghouse. As part of your transcript order, you will need to enter your LSAC or AMCAS account number.

Can I order a transcript if I never received my degree?
Any student of Harvard College or the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences who has satisfied their financial obligation to the University may order a transcript of their academic record.

Can I order a transcript if there is a financial hold on my record?
No. You must satisfy your financial obligation to the University before we can release your transcript.

Will you hold my request, e.g. until final grades come in? 
No. Transcripts are processed in real time and we do not have the capacity to hold requests. Your academic record at the time of your request is what will be printed on your transcript. Current students can verify which grades and courses are available on their transcript by viewing their unofficial transcript.

How do I get a transcript if I graduated before 1981? 
You will still send your request to us through the National Student Clearinghouse. Sometimes we are able to generate your transcript from the records we keep at The Registrar’s Office but sometimes we have to requisition older files from University Archives before we can send the transcripts. If this is the case with your transcript, you will receive an email indicating that we are obtaining your record from archives.