Student Record Requests

Due to MA Governor Baker's Emergency Stay at Home order, the Registrar's Office will not be completing any in person student record requests until further notice 

How can I view my admissions/official student file?

Students and alumni wishing access to their education records should complete the appropriate Record Request Form located on our Forms & Petitions page and submit it to the FAS Registrar's Office. The student or alum should identify the specific record or records he/she wishes to inspect. Once the request is received the Registrar’s Office will gather the appropriate records and access will be given within 45 days from the receipt of the request. When a record contains information about more than one student, the student requesting access may inspect and review only the portion of the record relating to him or her. Students also are not permitted to view letters and statements of recommendation to which they waived their right of access, or that were placed in their file before January 1, 1975.  Requests may be sent to or mailed to:

Information & Records

FAS Registrar’s Office

Harvard University

Richard A. & Susan F. Smith Campus Center

1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 450

Cambridge, MA 02138

I am a family member of an alumnus or doing research on an alumnus, how can I get access to their official student file?

Under a specific set of circumstances student records may be available to family members and researchers as allowable under FERPA.  Please email for more information about arranging access.