Enrollment Certifications

Where can I get an Enrollment Certification? 

Certificates of Enrollment are now available to active students in their my.Harvard account. Please log in to my.harvard.edu using your HarvardKey credentials. The certificate of enrollment is located in the Documents tab of your Student Home page. You must ensure that your browser allows pop-ups as an active pop-up blocker will prevent your document from opening.

Can I confirm the enrollment of anyone at Harvard through this website?
No. The Faculty of Arts & Sciences Registrar’s Office can only confirm enrollment for students of Harvard College or The Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. For inquiries about students from other schools, e.g. Harvard Law School, you will need to contact that school’s registrar’s office directly.

Is this an official enrollment certification?
Yes. This enrollment certificate is an official certification.

What if I need a form filled out by the Registrar’s Office to confirm my enrollment?
Please email registrar@fas.harvard.edu and include a scanned copy of the form as an attachment to your email. Provide as much detail as possible in the email about what information is needed and where it should be sent. A representative of the Registrar’s Office will complete the form and send it out within 2-3 business days. 

What if I need a confirmation of my enrollment on Harvard letterhead?
The electronic enrollment certificate found on your my.Harvard account is sealed with the Harvard watermark. We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Please email registrar@fas.harvard.edu detailing the reason for your request and a representative of the Registrar’s Office will provide you with further instructions. Please provide as much detail as possible in the email about what information is needed and where it should be sent.

How much does it cost to confirm someone’s enrollment?
There is a processing surcharge for third party enrollment verification requests through the National Student Clearinghouse. If you are a parent seeking enrollment confirmation on behalf of your child please have them log in to their my.Harvard account to access their enrollment certificate so there will be no charge.

How much does it cost to confirm my own enrollment?
This services is free of charge for current students who log in to their my.Harvard account. Alumni should order an official transcript or a degree verification if they need to confirm past enrollment.

Who do I contact if I need a certification for loan deferment?
Please email the National Student Clearinghouse at service@studentclearinghouse.org or call at 703-742-4200.

All other questions should be directed to registrar@fas.harvard.edu